Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Toby the Tenacious Foster Pup

Over the weekend I received a phone call from Valley Dogs about a little dog named Toby. Apparently Toby had been thrown out of a car on the freeway.  Amazingly, someone from the Arizona Pug Adoption and Rescue Network (APARN) saw him and immediately gathered him up.

She brought him to a vet, where they checked him out and gave him his immunizations. With a clean bill of health, he came to my house -- my house which is currently home to five other dogs.

Everyone has adjusted very quickly (as I type this, he and Danny are rabble-rousing). Toby is a cute, friendly, outgoing little guy.  I'm still trying to figure out what kind of mix he is. I definitely see some sort of terrier, but can't pinpoint anything...what do you think?
 







3 comments:

  1. First of all, bless his little heart, secondly, I see terrier as well. Efi Loo says she sees a little chihuahua. But then again, she like margaritas!
    I hope he finds a loving forever home! uj (this was added from Efi Loo!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Poor little guy, though. It's so horrible the things that animals are subjected too. It's my hope that AZ Pug Rescue managed to write down the license plate of whoever tossed this sweet soul.

    You're amazing to be fostering these great dogs! Without you, they would have no second chance..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Facebook friend said they definitely see rough coat jack russell.

    Thank you for your input Efi Loo!

    PetsWeekly, I'm not sure if they were close enough to see the license plate, but I hope so, too.

    Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for all the work you do @ PetsWeekly and all over the place!

    ReplyDelete